The first day of instruction begins Monday, August 16 at 8:30 a.m. Please pick up a computer (freshmen only), textbooks, course schedule, and other important information during Panther Gear Up August 9-12 from 9:00-11:30 a.m. (Last Name A-L) or 12:00-2:30 p.m. (Last Name M-Z). August 9-Freshmen only, August 10-Sophomores, August 11-Juniors, and August 12-Seniors. Please visit the school website gardenashs.org for upcoming events, recent news, acknowledgements, and information including the 2021-2022 bell schedule, school calendar, and LAUSD Welcome Back to School Family Guide.
Gardena Senior High School Home
Home Page Main Image Shuffle
Gardena High School Girls Soccer wins the CIF 2021 City Championship. This is the second consecutive win. Special thanks to Coach Mira. Please click the news headline to link to the Daily Breeze sports article by Damian Calhoun.
Gardena High School Softball wins the CIF 2021 City Championship. Congratulations ladies! Special thanks to Coach Shar and Panther Parents, Ms. Bayliss, Mr. Wilder, Ms. Wallace, and Gardena Community of Schools Administrator Rosie Martinez for their continued support of our athletes. Click the news headline for the full Daily Breeze article and pictures of the Panthers remarkable postseason run by defeating Palisades.
For the past 30 years, Harbor-UCLA Department of Family Medicine has been inspiring medical students, pre-health undergraduates, and high school students to not only pursue fulfilling health careers but also to practice in Health Professional Shortage areas. This year we were fortunate to collaborate with Dr. Vincent Chong from Trauma Surgery and Dr. Shamsher Samra from Emergency Medicine to reach more students. We welcome you to engage in our annual capstone Health Justice Summit, entitled A Tale of Two Pandemics: Racism & COVID-19. Listen and participate as the Summer Urban Fellows share their lived lessons in food insecurity and vaccine outreach, community-based participatory research and education, shadowing alongside physician-mentors here and at the border and presenting their work grappling with structural inequities made more apparent during the last year. Reflect with us. Celebrate with us. Advocate with us.
At a glance
- 4 Academy & Magnet Schools Global Business Magnet, Law & Public Service Magnet, STEAM Academy, and Creative Arts Academy
- Goal: 100% Attendance & Safety, 100% Graduation & A-G 'C' Or Better, and Student & Parent Engagement
- Accelerating Achievement by 1. Incorporating & Evaluating Instructional Practices, 2. Implementing Mastery Learning & Grading, and 3. Developing Magnet & Academy Pathways
- Career Technical Education Pathways Business & Financial Service, Law (Forensics & Justice), NEW Patient Care (Emergency Medical Service), and Video Production & Graphic Design
- Competitive Athletic Program
- Award-Winning Arts Education Band & Auxiliary Unit
Home of the Panthers