The Southern California International Business Academy (SCIBA) is a small school the focuses on preparing students for entry-level positions in business, computers, sales, nternational trade, as well as becoming entrepreneurs. Students take cornerstone courses, which give them essential skills,and an overview in the global business arena through guest speakers, field trips, and the use of technology. Students in SCIBA will be prepared with business skill necessary to become successful entrepreneurs and leader in the global marketplace. Besides completing a rigorous curriculum that includes core academic, business, and global language courses, students in the academy participate in various job shadowing, internship, and mentoring experience, as well as visits to numerous businesses in different industries.
Students in SCIBA have an opportunity to participate in:
- Industry Coaching (Job interview skills and workplace skills)
- Internship Workshops that lead to a paid summer internship
- Field-trips (College Campuses, Finance Park, U.S. Coast Guard, Korean Air Terminal, UPS, AT&T, Port of LA, etc.)
- Job Shadowing
- Academy Social Events
- Grade Level Sport Competitions
- Academy Picnic
- Senior Dinner
- "Service to Others"
- Accounting A&B
- Small Business Management/Ownership
- Business Economics Entrepreneurship
- Virtual Enterprise
- Advanced Placement, College, and Honors courses
SCIBA is structured to nurture supportive student/teacher relationships, strong parental involvement and innovative partnerships with local businesses and post-secondary institutions.
Academy Coordinator/English Teacher: Raymond Endow
Assistant Coordinator: Carmen Mandujano
Science Teacher: Lilia Usher
Co-Coordinator/History Teacher: Yvette Fraga
History Teacher: Curtis Earle
Business Teacher: Benjamin Okundolor
Math Teacher: Pierre Takou
Contact SCIBA Office at (310)354-5099 or download application and drop-off in SCIBA Office in Room X-2.